Thursday, October 7, 2010

xkcd on Social Networks

I have made a few (mostly negative) comments about social networks on this blog. Maybe, that's because I have never been much of a "joiner." For example, I have never felt the need to "join" Slashdot, even though I have read its postings from near the outset and it continues to be a major source for news for me in the tech field. Now, the genius behind xkcd takes on the state of social networking, circa 2010. I looked hard and found my "communities" centered in a tight "cluster." Note highlighted regions:
here

By the way, I have used IRC somewhat, but not nearly as much as the others, otherwise, the highlighted cluster could've been much larger.

1 comment:

  1. So what does it say about you that you never joined what you call 'social networks', but you did eventually 'join' the blog band-wagon?

    ReplyDelete